Thursday, February 25, 2010

Chemo time.......

Hello everyone!
Just an update about the cancer.

I'm done with radiation. It went great. Strange to say but yes it went great. Everyone there took SUPER care of me. I think the world of them.

But now we have to start chemo. I have to go in and get a port. I had one the first time but had it taken out. Who would of thought I would need it again....not me! But hey it's all good. God doesn't give you what you can't handle. Right? Right!

So I will begin my trip down the chemo road again starting on March 17th. To all of us who are Irish no green beer for me that day...LOL! Like I would drink it anyway. But hey I could use that pot of gold...couldn't we all!

I will have chemo once a week for 3 weeks then a break for a week then back at it. So I think....I can't remember what he said after the word's , " of you get a break." I think my head was saying , "yahooooooooo I get a break!" Then oh ok....sure. Yeah laugh at me now that's ok...I laugh at myself all the time....LOL! See did it again!

Alright so I might lose my hair but hey I look good with no hair. Pulled it off before I can do it again. So I could get a tattoo of eye's in the back of my head and tell the kid's "see told you all parent's have eye's in the back of their heads". Didn't your mom tell you that when you were a kid....see it's true....ok ewwwwww on that but funny!

Ok must go. Everyone take care and pop back to check to see how I'm doing. Will post picture's of my treatment so you all can see that I'm really doing ok.

Love you all and thank you to everyone for praying for me. It means a lot.

9 comments:

Lawson said...

Thinking of you and the family. Stay strong! I love you with or without hair LOL!

Love,
Beth

Joy said...

Keep on keeping on!

I love you kid!

Mom (up in Michigan)

Unknown said...

Maybe you could convince Steve to shave his head and get his and her tatoos? Nothing says love more than his and her head tatoos!

We pray for your speedy recovery everyday.
Love, Georgeann

Anonymous said...

Thanx for the updates Juli, thoughts and prayers are with you and the family. Your a hero in so many eyes. We love you !!!

Anonymous said...

I thought you said you had radiation on your hip, not your head ;) I laughed so hard when we got off of the phone b/c of your prior texts. Know that I am praying for you and your whole family is being thought of and prayed for. Love you, Candy

Ramsey said...

LOL Juli, whatever you need...Stacey Snyder

Unknown said...

I really hope everything turns out for you. I couldn't imagine the fear and pain. But you seem very positive and very brave. So, that alone will put you through. Get well and get strong, so we can rock the Sixxsense.

Jen said...

You know I'm here for you, Steve and the kids...anything you need! I love you all and I'm thinking about you all the time. I'm hearing the "Rocky" theme song again! ;)

Love you!

Unknown said...

You're amazing..just thought you should know :)