Friday, January 15, 2010

Just thinking.

I'm sitting here listen to my Windows Media Player. The song Amazing Grace starts to play by ILDivo. Their voices are amazing. I just remember my sister in law Gina and I talking about this song. I think of the song when their dad pasted away. She thinks of it for her daughter Grace. As I listen to it now, it really makes me think. I think of all kinds of different things.

"The Lord has promised good to me...
His word my hope secures.
He will my shield and portion be...
as long as life endures."


Maybe this whole cancer thing is just god's way of showing how strong I can be. And for those around me how strong they can be. The good that has come out in this whole thing is how close my families are to me. When I say families that means my side and Steve's side.

My children will learn how to be strong when time's are tough. To show love anytime and get it in return. That you can face anything god throw's your way. That we are all here on earth for a reason. Guess mine was to be with Steve and 5 amazing kids. Which I am thankful every second of the day to have them. Even when they drive me nuts. But hey it's a part of life a part of growing up.

I think we all should take a look at our lives and correct the wrong to make right. To treat others as we would like to be treated. Help others when they are down. To pick them up. Show love to all. Be thankful for what we have and those we have in our lives.

My eye's are open. Opened to the whole world. I'm thankful for everyday that I get up and see my family.....What are your eye's opened to? What are you thankful for? Maybe this is a wake up call for all of us.

2 comments:

Krissy Poo Pee Pee said...

Juli - your strength inspires me. I dont mean that as a typical saying that you hear so many people say with no feeling behind it. I mean it from the bottom of my heart, from the core of my being....your strength inspires me. It inspires me to be a better person, to be more patient, to show love and kindness, to go thru each day with a positive attitude, to be a good wife, mother, daughter and friend. I love you like a sister. I'm so thankful to God that you're in my life and that we're close friends. I pray that I can be strong for you when you need to lean on me. I pray that you'll be strong for me when I need to lean on you. :) Love you!!!

Anonymous said...

Well, you are right kid! Everything happens for a reason and we must be strong enough to focus on the things in that situation that unite us, make us love God and life. Maybe your purpose on this earth is Steve and your kids....yep, but you are a naturally upbeat, positive person and that is passed on to others, simply by knowing you. Not everyone sees life like you do! The world would be better off if we did. I think the hospital should be thankful that you allow them to see your great ass! Love, Mom Joy