Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Susan G Komen 3 day Breast Cancer Walk.

5:15'ish is very early!
















You always have to beeeeeeeeeeeeeee POSITIVE.........if your not where would you be in life?









Steve & I.








Volunter's. Don't you love their bra's!?LOL!



Leslie, Georgeanna, Me, Jackie & Janet














Janet's family























I have to say that they really know how to get you going in the morning. Amazing is all I have to say!












Jackie taking a picture of me as I take a picture of her...LOL!


















The view from the hill.














There goes my hero's....watch them as they go...
















Thumbs up from Georgeann ;)















This is for my Aunt Darlene. She's very strong. She's a survivor.

This is for my Aunt Deanna. She never knew how strong she was. We lost her early this year.











This is for my mom. She taught me to be strong. She taught me to be strong & laugh alot. 13 years strong.

This is for Steve's mom Nancy. She's strong too.
She's 12 years strong.













Thumbs up still before lunch. Day 1








It wasn't to hot while they were walking. So glad it was 70 to maybe 74. Great weather. I didn't know how dry it was out there. You must drink A LOT of water ;)




























Lunch time.













Lunch time is a time to let your feet air out, change your socks and catch your second wind.

There's a lot to this 3 day walk. You must be ready for this. These woman are amazing.




























There they go again ;)

















Steve making sure all is well with the girls. Even Steve matched the girls!






















Nothing like seeing lines of pink tents. I was in awwwwwww.



Pink tent city.


















An end to the first day of walking. Now it's time to rest up. Clean up. Then get to bed because day 2 is the longest day for all of them. 22 miles or even a few more. Who knows. It by far is the hardest day for them.





























Even the doggie's got into it!















There he was, a dog like Molly. Just a little taller. Kinda made me home sick.

But hey the doggie's enjoyed the day too.














A Boston for Kris! And it's a girl :)

















Cheer Station for the walkers.









Look Jackie is taken a picture. They all took pictures everyday of their walk. Strong ladies!













I don't know how Georgeann finished this walk.


If you saw her foot you would be like how?!

I'm not sure how she did it. I have never seen


Blisters so big before. She's amazing!














Alright! I have to say these husband/guys were so funny! Ballon boobies & cowboy hats! Oh and can't forget the "10's" everyone got as they walked by. If that didn't cheer you up I don't know what would.
Cheer on guys!

















Their biggest fans & the walkers. Way to go girls! You really kicked some butt there! Yahooo!













































I have to say THANK YOU, THANK YOU & THANK YOU! They walk for all of us. They walked for those who have gone before us, their mother's, aunt's, sister's, cousin's, best friends, grandma's, grandpa's, husband's, fathers' & brother's. Breast cancer strikes not only woman but men too.
So we have to say thank you to all who volunteer, those who walk and those who cheer them on. It was heartbreaking and super fun to be there to watch. God bless each and everyone one of you.











1 comment:

Georgeann said...

Hey Juli! I loved your picture tribute to the 3-day walk and enjoyed your comments on the photos. A funny post-walk story....I worked at an exhibit today with our soup bases and had on a short sleeve shirt. When I was in the bathroom, I looked in the mirror. On my arm, was a tattoo that said "sucks". That's all you could see. The word Cancer was above my sleeve! I laughed so hard wondering how many people saw that and wondered WTF? Anyway, it reminded me of you, Steve and all the other awesome people I shared the walk with. LOVE YOU! Georgeann